Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Introduction


My family has been going to the O

uter Banks for at least two weeks per year since the summer of 2001. We have also gone in the offseason for several days most years, and I go offshore fishing with friends at least one time each season. We eat two meals per day out on most days, so we have definitely sampled the best and the worst that the Outer Banks has to offer. I think I have spent the equivalent of about 28 weeks time in the OBX over the past ten years, or more than six months. We have also been fortunate enough to stay in most every part of the Outer Banks from Corolla to Ocracoke, before settling for most of our time in either Kill Devil Hills or Nags Head due to the proximity of many great local bars and restaurants. Over the years we have eaten at many great places, with Sam and Omie's, and the Pier House Restaurant topping our breakfast list, and until this year Awful Arthur's, Tortuga's Lie and Mama Kwan's topping our lunch and or dinner list. This year, the big three became the big four after several great meals at the Blue Moon Grille in Nags Head. There are several other places that get an honorable mention, but we really love those four restaurants. We have also had very good meals at Mike Diannes in Corolla, the Kill Devil Grill in Kill Devil Hills, and the Lone Cedar in Manteo. For just atmosphere, the Sunset Grille in Duck is hard to top, but the food in our opinion is average. With a view like theirs, that is still not a bad place to be! I will do my best to put our spin on the great restaurants as we see them in the Outer Banks, and I welcome any feedback or suggestions from anyone who stumbles across this blog. I will also post some great photos from our time at the Outer Banks, a place where I have watched my children grow up from Elementary School kids to great young adults. My family is my passion and many of my fondest memories include moments spent in the Outer Banks. I hope you enjoy some of the photos and information about the local eateries!

No comments:

Post a Comment